Monday, October 29, 2012

City Love

Have I told you how much I love the city? Tonight it's Seattle (but note, I also love Washington D.C.), the only two major cities I've ever stayed right downtown in, well besides my very own Minneapolis and St. Paul (I prefer the downtown of MPLS, but don't tell anyone, I don't want to be banished from St.P) First, I should begin by saying I LOVE window seats. A long bench with a cusion and a large window is just about utopia to me; the only thing better is an Adirondak chair outside (and a good book). But here, in the hotel, is a long stone ledge that overlooks the tall buildings all around me. I'm facing the ocean but I can't see it at all. But that's OK. Straight across from me is an apratment building, and I am loving sitting here with my drapes wide open, and theirs are too. I feel like I'm living in the city with them. I could watch TV with them, and they can watch me write. We can even have a drink together. I don't feel so alone. But I think if I lived here I would try to meet them, so we really could talk together. But then it might be creepy... I would text, and they wouldn't answer, but I'd know they were home watching TV. Then I'd freak out, like, "What did I say to offend them?" But it would turn out they left their phone at work, except I wouldn't sleep... and I'd be all anxious next time I saw them... OK, I'd work on that, at least I'm aware of my tendencies right. Oh and sometimes we would wave to each other and we'd come up with a way to signal, "Hey, let's meet down on our corner and go somewhere." That would be city life!

Oh, I just saw a cat walk by on the ledge of one of the apartments. See, I would house sit for that person!

My new M.O.: Writing and Wine


From Conferences
My neighbors
From Conferences

No comments: