Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Me

Once in a while I look at other peoples blogs and they're so sunny and cheery and their pictures are so perfect and their writing is so fantastic that I think, "You should start a blog just for yourself." Then I shake myself and say, forget it, you can't maintain the things you already have and besides you already have three blogs of which you barely keep up. So, I'm forced to add this part of me when it does happen here, because in my heart I'm a writer and writing really isn't writing unless you can share it. My great friend Amy's etsy site is filled with these beautifully crafted jewels oh and her jewelery is great too. She writes with such a marvelous sense of voice and self. This piece isn't meant to be a piece of "writing" more a piece of stream of consciousness inspired at least a little by Amy's and other's writing; I liked admitting my neuroses anyway. A reply to an email for the purse I bought on etsy, after she agreed to add more pockets and for free!

Thanks so much for the extra pockets, I've been dreaming about how to use them ever since I sent the email--yes I am just that obsessive that I day dream about more pockets in things! One for pens/pencils, one for my small ipod and microphone, one for my phone, one for my notebook, coupons, checkbook (nope big enough I can find it without a pocket, besides it will be the only thing not in a pocket, until I collect all that other crap) . . . hmmmm where can I stick an extra pair of underwear for my son who can't seem to get potty training? And where do I put the crayons and stickers, bandaids, handwash? The list is endless, my bag is a mess! You get the point. Obsessive with organization, perhaps, perhaps the only thing in my life I actually get to control and clean and it stays that way. I hope I didn't take too much time from your busy sewing life to share my OCD. Thanks for the pockets, you made my day.

From Life is What You Make it

Half the pockets that will be
From Life is What You Make it

No comments: