Sunday, November 4, 2012

Filling in the Hole

Saturday: in the quiet of the a.m.: work on ordering photos online

make giant family breakfast

participate in 3hours of literature drop for local candidate (lots of walking!)

off to the local orchard (Spruce Maze was great)

to River Falls, thrift stores (nothing looked amazing enough to buy)

lunch in RF (wasn't very good)

commence wine drinking

home to clean two storage rooms in basement, organize winter clothes, pack summer clothes, organize entrance area...

make learning clock for child while,...

watching football game, didn't make it through halftime

Sunday: in the quiet of the a.m. coffee and finish picture order

make giant breakfast for family

make banana bread

arrange for playdate

bathe dog

clean child's room

cook turkey

make lunch

deliver banana bread with child to neighbor's

supervise playdate while doing any of these other things

put outside garden to bed

clean up yard

commence wine drinking

finish turkey

make cheddar broccoli soup for supper (with squash)

clean kitchen

walk with a friend and the dog

feed the family and my mom(one of my favorite things I get to do)

visit with mom and discuss housing

clean up kitchen

finish folding laundry

and now bed...

I've been aware at several points in my life that sometimes I neglect my own soul. It becomes a little hole that I often can manage patching over and moving on. But as I never really treat it on a regular basis it never quite heals perfectly. Recently, the patch covering said-hole was removed, and I underwent a little therapy (is this all cryptic enough for you?) What does that mean? Well, for example writing has been good therapy for this hole, as has stimulating conversation. But I'm not sure that this therapy is sustainable. In fact, it doesn't seem sustainable. With a few harsh days of unsuccessful therapy, this weekend I am beginning to patch the hole. Oh, I'll continue to treat the parts that are mostly healed; I'll try to keep writing and find other soul fulfilling activities but one of my pleasures of late seems to be fading quickly, and I'm trying desperately not to notice. So I've busied myself with other things all weekend. The ordering of the photos was very good for my soul. Maybe, I wish I had gone into some art field. Maybe I just need to keep writing.

No comments: