Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ahh

What a brilliant day. Despite the cold and dreary day outside, I'm happy to report that inside it is finally shining again. The Anchor and I went out with some friends last night and I had a great time. So good, that we took a cab home, and I barely recall the cab ride, except for just a brief moment when my heart skipped a beat, just for a second, it was barely perceptible but I caught it. I know what was there and I'll hold onto that for a while. Of course, as ever the Anchor comments, "I'm just not that into going out and just drinking. I look at how much I spent and it wasn't worth it." Can we ever be on the same page? For me it was such a release, an escape.

But today was great. I made a lovely simple breakfast for My Wind and I. And knowing I had a whole other day off, I wasn't in much of a hurry at all. So when he asked to play a game, I didn't even hesitate or stall at all. We sat down and played a wonderful game of Monopoly Junior, even though he really wanted to play Monopoly. He beat me fair and square, as I rarely let him win. Then I worked on laundry and just a variety of other little chores. When he went off to a birthday party I got a few projects done and then we headed to the Cities for some errands and dinner.

I'd like to think I'm pretty adventurous and willing to do a lot on my own, so I thought, My Wind and I would go have dinner at a restaurant I've never been too. But when I looked up the menu it looked like maybe you could only order family style, and with just the two of us, I thought that wasn't practical and was very expensive. Besides on the way past the Asian market we went to I saw what I thought was a Pho restaurant. I thought that sounded good and though I've never tried Pho I thought I knew a little about it, plus it looked like a small local eatery, and a friend recently said, "You can't really go wrong with Pho." So with all that we headed in. Turns out I wish I had been with someone who could have schooled me a little in Pho. I kept my eye on one guy across the room and from the distance tried to learn what I could from him in enjoying the meal. It was really good, but by looking around I'm afraid I was missing out on a more authentic experience. Oh, well, as I said, it was good and My Wind enjoyed his meal, though I don't think I ordered him what he had asked for, so I'm not sure what he had. But as I said it was good, he's a good sport, and he liked it.

We ran a few more metro errands and headed back for home. A snack and some snuggles, and then lots of cleaning and paper work, and I feel refreshed. I can't wait to see what comes of tomorrow!

No comments: