Monday, May 17, 2010

Morning Delight

The tinkle of a bowl being set on the counter gently woke me out of a deep and much needed slumber. Realizing that it must be the hands of a four year I drifted between waiting for the crash of the bowl or the sound of spilling food. Before I knew it a bowl full of plain yogurt was approaching the bed. Before I can find the perfect balance of words that say, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH A GIANT BOWL FULL OF YOGURT IN MY BED?" and "What, hunny, are you doing with a giant bowl full of yogurt in my bed?" He says, with grade pride, "Here momma, breakfast in bed." A bowl of plain yogurt has never tasted so sweet.

He then said, "You look thirsty." And proceeded to serve me a glass of ice water from his water pitcher. I hope I never forget this morning.

No comments: