Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's 3 am

It's not 3am now, but it was last night, at 3a.m. and we're working on a new skill with Magoo-sounds like he's a puppy. We're working on trying to get him to sleep the entire night in his own bed. Sounds much easier than it is. He's always woken up in the middle of the night and had a hard time getting back to sleep, during the summer it was easy to let him crawl into bed with us than to go back into his room and sleep on his toddler sized bed for as long as it takes to get a cramp in your legs, or arm, or neck to wake you back up sending you back into your own room.

Anyway, last night at 3:00 a.m. this is what took place.

I hear a sleepy child approaching the room, standing there, knowing he can't come into bed.

"You need to go back to your bed, remember."

"But I need company."

Yes that's right he needs "company" in his bed at 3am. Oh, he's going to be smooth with the ladies later on, much later. It got me to snuggle with him, at least until a cramp in my leg woke me up and I padded back to snuggle with my own sweetheart.

No comments: