Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bomb One

I'm already over the top about the first grade transition for "Calvin." Now I find out his teacher is pregnant and will go on maternity leave in October and not return until after Christmas break... "It's only a 12 week maternity leave. Would you really want her back after only 6 weeks maternity? You know what it's like having a little one in day care after only 6 weeks." True, I know what it's like having a little one. I know the anxiety of a new born... I do not know what it's like to put the baby in day care right away and I'd really like to be vary pious about that right now. I'm a little concerned about the intellect of a teacher who gets pregnant so she's due in October and doesn't just take the year off!

I will be giving her a lovely gift or progesterone cream to help stave off the baby blues... I don't want that in my class. Please do note, that I said "my class." This isn't the first time I've called my son's class "my class." That may be one of my issues!

No comments: