Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lame, I know...

In awkward gestures and broken words he asks to carry the little bag out> His poppa hands it to him and he toddles out barely lifting it. Oh how I miss those days (for just a moment)

Where are the curly locks? Where are the fat hands? The sausage wrists and legs? I know lots of you still have them, ok not you but you have little ones with them, but today I had one of those moments where I saw the past six years were gone. I've always liked the age I am; it always offers new experiences. I always have liked the age the little man is at, it offers new experiences. But today, just for a moment, I wanted his curly locks, his stumbling words, his sign language, his sleepy head. WellI did get his sleepy head this morning. Tomorrow, I'll have to breath that moment in a little deeper; in another 6 years I'm sure I'll be REALLY missing that.

No comments: